April Touring and more songwriting.
Hey everybody...sorry for the long delay in postings up here.I've been very busy working on songs for my new record as well as booking up shows for the summer.
I'm out on the road a little bit towards the end of this month (Seattle, WA and Billings, MT) but for the most part I''ve been home working hard in The Map Room. I'll be doing 12 shows next month...here's a list:
March 31 - Billings West High School Auditorium (Billings, MT) // 7pm
April 1 - Faith Evangelical Church (Billings, MT) // evening service // 5:30pm
April 2 - Faith Evangelical Church (Billings, MT) // morning services // 8:30 & 11 am
April 3 - Square Peg Alliance concert (Nashville, TN) info: TBA
April 7 - Phoenix, AZ (info: TBA)
April 8 - Rare Earth Coffee House (Scottsdale, AZ) // CD release party for JJ Heller's new album
April 9 - Northridge Church (Scottsdale, AZ) // morning services
April 9 - Northridge Church (Scottsdale, AZ) // evening concert // 7pm
April 12 - Vanguard University (Costa Mesa, CA)
April 28 - Shoreline Community Church (Mountain View, CA) // 7pm // cost: $7
April 30 - Life Church (Huntington, IN) // morning services
April 30 - Life Church (Huntington, IN) // 7pm // cost: free
We would love to see you out at a show next month, so come on out! Thank you to everyone who emailed me last week about concerts this summer and next fall. We really appreciate your support and can't wait to come play some shows for you guys.
I'll be trying out the new songs this summer...getting them ready for the new record (which we'll record in July) and the tour next fall. Always something around the corner....
Which brings me to some exciting family news:
Kierstin left this morning for Los Angeles to go see her sister Laura and hang out with Jake...our new nephew... what a blast to have a little nephew! The birth is scheduled for tomorrrow and we are all very excited to meet the little fella. Welcome to the world Jake! We love you little man. Congratulations to Chris and Laura!
So I'm bach'n it at my house writing songs and reading some great books too. Here's a list of current reads:
The Wounded Healer - Henri Nouwen
The Great Divorce - CS Lewis (re-reading this one)
A Room Called Remember - Frederick Buechner
Living The Resurrection - Eugene Peterson
Eat This Book - Eugene Peterson
Total Truth - Nancy Pearcy (re-reading this one as well)
Searching For God Knows What - Donald Miller
To Be Told - Dan Allender
All of these books are filtering their way into my lyrics these days and I'm excited to see where things land. It's always an interesting process to write songs for a new project. The creative juices are seemingly uncontrollable but lately I've had a good handle on just whiddling away at this batch of songs. I'll be excited to share them when the time comes.
Until then, I'm going back to work.
Thanks for reading! Talk to you soon.


<< Home