My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashvegas, United States

musician, singer & songwriter/recording artist (independent)

Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Legend of Billy Cerveny.

Tonight I met up with Billy Cerveny at The Flyer Saucer for a couple rounds of Shinerbock. It was so good to see him and chat about life, marriage, God, music and macro-economics. Mostly in that order.

Billy is writing a book which should come out next fall.... and I know myself and everyone around him are excited to read it because we all suspect that he is an undercover CIA operative posing as an alt-country singer & songwriter.

Seriously though, Billy is one of the most interesting people I know. I was introduced to Mr. Cerveny during one of the Christmas parties that The Normals threw at their old apartment....the first time we met, he told me that he could kill a man eight different ways with his hands. He was short, stocky and was wearing a Thundercats T-shirt. I wondered..., "who is this guy?"

He then proceeded to walk on his hands for close to 3 minutes without fainting. No joke-- ask Cooley. He was there.

Ever since then we've been great pals. That was 5 years ago and tonight we sat at a table in a smoky bar reminiscing about some of our crazy adventures. Like the time we went to Washington DC for George W. Bush's 2nd Inauguration and met Ryan Seacrest and Kenny Chesney on the south lawn of the White House. That was also the time that Gary Sinese (Captain Dan in Forrest Gump) asked me where the bathroom was backstage. Crazy. Cason even got his picture with Seacrest. I know because I took the picture... How random is that? And this is all because of Cerveny and his wild universe of friends and connections.

Anyway...He's on chapter three of his book and I can't wait to read it. Viva la Billy.

I spent most of the day today in the office working on spring concerts. It's going to be a great season of touring and meeting up with friends all across the country. I'll be out west a good bit this spring which I am really looking forward to.

Tomorrow morning I have a recording session for my friend JJ Heller's record. I'm singing some vocals and Mitch Dane is producing. Osenga is playing some electric guitars and Ben Shive played some piano so I am excited to be involved. I love working on other artists music. Dave and JJ are from Arizona and have been rockin' the west/northwest for the past couple years. We met at a show in Phoenix and have been friends ever since...and it's great to have them in town for a couple weeks.

Well, I'm off to spend time with my wife. Talk to you soon...