My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashvegas, United States

musician, singer & songwriter/recording artist (independent)

Friday, December 09, 2005

You're gonna make me lonesome when you go.

good morning. or evening or afternoon...whatever time it is where you are. I'm sneaking in a quick entry this morning to say hello. I've been so busy these past few weeks traveling and winding down from the fall that I've neglected my blog. Bummer. I'm home for a solid couple months now so regular postings will resume shortly.

Kierstin and I are doing some more work on our house this weekend. Tomorrow actually. We'll be painting the guest bedroom and hanging new curtains. Very rock and roll if you ask me! We are also going to decorate our Christmas tree and listen to a couple of old vinyl records on our record player. I recently picked up "Another Side of Bob Dylan" on vinyl....original pressing! I'm a sucker for classic albums on vinyl. I like the process of having to take it out of its sleeve and loading it onto the record player etc etc.... I think we've lost something (or maybe traded is a better word) with the ease of the ipod and CD. I'm not complaining just commenting.

Yesterday was fairly eventful. I heard Steven Delopoulos was in town recording some tracks with Monroe Jones for his new record so I drove down to Monroe's house to say hey to them. Steve had already left but I got to spend some time catching up with Monroe a bit. It was great to see him. He played me some of Steve's new stuff which sounds amazing. Monroe showed me his new guitar-- a Gibson j-50 from 1950. Holy smokes does it play and sound amazing. He found it in a small shop on the TN/AL state line a few weeks back. Nothing like an old Gibson. Or old friends...love those guys.

After that I drove over to Keaggy's house and sat in on a session for his new record. He's been working on some tracks for a project that MacPherson Guitars is putting together. I played some percussion on a track which was strange and wonderful. I have no idea if what I played will end up on the final mix.

Phil's written some beautiful stuff recently and I'm really looking forward to the record when it releases. The songs are instrumental and are in the same creative headspace as his "Beyond Nature" album. Great great stuff. Classic sounding to my ears.

I gotta run now. I need to pack up my gear and merch for a show tonight in Louisville, Kentucky. I'm playing with Caedmon's Call up there and I gotta go pick up Kevin Mann (road manager) and Todd Bragg so we can all ride up together. I guess the rest of Caedmon's is flying in from parts unknown. Crazy.

Talk to you soon. Thanks for reading...