My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashvegas, United States

musician, singer & songwriter/recording artist (independent)

Monday, November 07, 2005

Current reading.



I've been reading John Berendt's new book "The City of Falling Angels" these past couple days and so far I really like it. It's a non-fiction novel of sorts, in the tradition of Truman Capote if you get my meaning.

The focuses on the city of Venice, Italy and the eccentric and colorful people that live there...Kierstin and I will be going to Venice next spring on a trip to Europe so this book is making me excited.


Berendt is also the author of "Midnight In The Garden of Good and Evil" which I recently finished and absolutely loved. It is set in Savannah and features true to life characters the likes of which could only be found in the south. I laughed out loud more than once while reading it and can't remember the last time I enjoyed a book as much as this one. Check it out-- you won't be disappointed.

Oh and I am still reading Total Truth. I can't read it without my orange highlighter. Slow going but more than worth it. Each chapter stands on its own so it reads like a collection of essays. Great stuff.