road bloggin: Fort Wayne, IN.

**Kierstin and her family avoided any destruction from Hurricane Rita due to the storm moving further east. Other than power being out, everyone is alright. Let's all continue to keep those suffering from these storms in our prayers...**
We're in between the first and second shows tonight at Seeker's Coffeehouse in Fort Wayne, IN. I can hear Phil playing "Fragile Forest" from his "Beyond Nature" album. It's incredible. I love getting to hear him play every night...what a thrill!

I'm a huge Phil fan. For me it's his spirit just as much as his guitar work. He puts everything he's got into his live shows and it's started to rub off on me. It's just the lesson I've needed to learn these past few years...how to deliver to an audience. How to take them for a ride...and tonight felt great the whole time! Energy pushing off-stage and then thrown back at you from the people in the seats. There are about 300 people here tonight and we'll do two shows-- so 600 total. What fun!

Setlist tonight was a little different from Springfield:
Speak and All My Soul Is Peace
Walking On Water
Cast Away Stones
Last Chance
Love That Will Not Let Me Go
An Apparent Contradiction (harmonica version)

I've been playing "Last Chance" for a couple weeks now and it's been working well in a live setting. I'm excited about the new songs that are being born these days because they have a certain maturity about them. Some scars and scuffs on the chin if that makes any sense. Some bruises. You can hear it in the lyrics and feel it in the vocals. A new day. I'm really really looking forward to being back in the studio soon. Looks like after these next few months of shows is when I'll be able to record some more. A lot of traveling until then. Hi-Ya! (random karate chop)
Anyways, I'm rambling now. Grace and Peace. Thanks for reading.


<< Home