My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashvegas, United States

musician, singer & songwriter/recording artist (independent)

Friday, September 23, 2005

road bloggin: Dayton & Springfield, Ohio.




I'm sitting at a coffee shop in Ohio. I played a show last night in Springfield with Keaggy. My wife stayed behind in Houston to continue caring for her father after I flew out the day before yesterday.

So here's the rub:

I'm in Ohio and Indiana playing concerts this weekend and my wife is in Houston, TX dodging Hurricane Rita and caring for her cancer-striken father.

I hated leaving but we both agreed that I should go work. I go back to Houston 2-3 more times this next month so it will be good to be together again and continue the work that my wife is now doing by herself.

So many thoughts are going on in my mind right now that it's hard to focus on anything coherent. Just a lot of emotion. Uneasiness. A state of constant prayer. I could barely remember the words to my songs last night. Hard to concentrate.

Ironically, my wife is totally calm and confident that the storm won't hit them directly and that they will get heavy wind and rain but nothing too terrible. I sure hope she's right.

I'll write more later when things calm down. Please pray. Pray for John Berry and his cancer and for everyone who has already been and will be impacted by this storm.

Grace and Peace...

p.s. here's last night's setlist:

Freight Train
Cast Away Stones
Last Chance
Love That Will Not Let Me Go
Walking On Water
An Apparent Contradiction
Carry Me Home (with Keaggy rockin' out on a solo)

p.s.s. I am traveling in my 1999 Suburu Forester, which I am proud to say is purring like a kitten with close to 200,000 miles on it. Random i know, but a sense of pride nonetheless! haha. Laters...