U2 are best.
U2 are the best band on earth and have easily surpassed The Beatles for 1st place in my top 5. Why? Well, U2 still tours, for one. And I think that U2 are a band in the best sense of the word-- a gang of four who have hung in there after all these years. They also ask hard questions and address issues in their songs that The Beatles couldn't touch b/c they weren't believers.
However, when it comes to actual songwriting, it's The Beatles, hands down. No one can touch Lennon/McCartney. They were the freaking blueprint! Sorry, I'll settle down...
Here's my top 5 bands:
1. U2 (Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, Pop, ATYCLB...need I say more!?)
2. The Beatles (White Album is my fav, along with Revolver but I love them all)
3. Fleetwood Mac (Lindsay Buckingham...oh yes.)
4. DC Talk (we're just two honks and a negro serving the Lord...)
4. for real: The Beach Boys (Pet Sounds)
5a. Radiohead (the most important band of my generation making music today)
5b. Wilco (the second most important band from my generation although I don't worship them like most of my friends do..haha!)
However, when it comes to actual songwriting, it's The Beatles, hands down. No one can touch Lennon/McCartney. They were the freaking blueprint! Sorry, I'll settle down...
Here's my top 5 bands:
1. U2 (Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, Pop, ATYCLB...need I say more!?)
2. The Beatles (White Album is my fav, along with Revolver but I love them all)
3. Fleetwood Mac (Lindsay Buckingham...oh yes.)
4. DC Talk (we're just two honks and a negro serving the Lord...)
4. for real: The Beach Boys (Pet Sounds)
5a. Radiohead (the most important band of my generation making music today)
5b. Wilco (the second most important band from my generation although I don't worship them like most of my friends do..haha!)


<< Home