My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashvegas, United States

musician, singer & songwriter/recording artist (independent)

Saturday, September 17, 2005

2 New Albums.



Current Listening:

Paul McCartney--Chaos And Creation In The Backyard

I like this record more than some of his previous efforts. Nigel Godrich produced it and did a fantastic job of pushing McCartney to not settle for less. It pays off big on a few songs ("Fine Line", "Riding To Vanity Fair", "Anyway" and "Jenny Wren") and helps the other songs fit in well with the album as a whole.

It's hard to judge McCartney because of his stellar achievements in the past both on his own and with The Rolling Stones (joke). He's in a different season. He's older. His wife passed on and he's remarried. Some of his struggles made their way into the lyrics and it's sort of refreshing to see him question and doubt instead of his usual "happy-go-lucky" routine.

I love Paul and will always favor his music. His melodic sense is forever candy to my ears and I'm glad he's still making music even if it's not to the level of what he's done before. But this record comes close in more ways than one. Give it a listen. Cheers, Paul!

**9-18-05 UPDATE: after multiple listens, I officially love this record. Buy it. It's great!**



Imogen Heap--Speak For Yourself

My friend Jason sent me this record over iChat b/c it is not yet available in the USA. I will buy it the day it comes out here, trust me! The record is amazing. Great songs, great vocals, great production. Imogen Heap is the female half of electronica outfit "Frou Frou". You maybe have heard their "Details" record or heard their song "Let Go" on The Garden State Soundtrack.
Their sound is so refreshing. Smart programmed and sampled beats. Percussive vocals and arrangements that catch you off guard. I love it and have been wearing it out on my ipod. Be sure and check this one out too.