Pray for the Hurricane victims.
Watching the news these past few days has been difficult and unbelieveable but it is so important to pray for those afflicted in the hurricane ravaged and flooded south. Common Grounds online had this great reminder today:
"ask the Lord to take action and give mercy. If we skip this, we're not only forfeiting the greatest resource in the universe but we're also practical atheists. Let us pray."
Communications are down, rumors are rampant and things seem so out of control. I visited Brennan Manning's website (author of "The Ragamuffin Gospel") and found this annoucement:
"Thank you for all of your messages expressing concern for
Brennan, his family, staff, friends, and all of the people of New Orleans.
I have attempted to contact Brennan's assistant
but haven't received a reply yet.
I will post information as soon as I learn something.
Until then, I have removed the email links from the Contact section --
as you can imagine, it is very loving and kind, but overwhelming
Please keep praying.
Thank you!
Rose --webchyk for BrennanManning.com"
This is a catastrophe the size of which we are just starting to be able to comprehend. Much like the Tsunami last December and the attacks on 9-11, these are desperate times.
Today my prayer is: Oh Lord, have mercy and move to heal our hearts and home. Comfort those who grieve and give us all faith and courage to move forward as we gather our resources and try to help those in need. Amen.
"ask the Lord to take action and give mercy. If we skip this, we're not only forfeiting the greatest resource in the universe but we're also practical atheists. Let us pray."
Communications are down, rumors are rampant and things seem so out of control. I visited Brennan Manning's website (author of "The Ragamuffin Gospel") and found this annoucement:
"Thank you for all of your messages expressing concern for
Brennan, his family, staff, friends, and all of the people of New Orleans.
I have attempted to contact Brennan's assistant
but haven't received a reply yet.
I will post information as soon as I learn something.
Until then, I have removed the email links from the Contact section --
as you can imagine, it is very loving and kind, but overwhelming
Please keep praying.
Thank you!
Rose --webchyk for BrennanManning.com"
This is a catastrophe the size of which we are just starting to be able to comprehend. Much like the Tsunami last December and the attacks on 9-11, these are desperate times.
Today my prayer is: Oh Lord, have mercy and move to heal our hearts and home. Comfort those who grieve and give us all faith and courage to move forward as we gather our resources and try to help those in need. Amen.


<< Home