tracing rainbows through the rain.
Greetings...
I'm back home now after a 4 day visit to Baltimore, MD where my brother got married to his long-time girlfriend, Jamie Taylor. Now she's Jamie Casella...awesome!
It was a beautiful ceremony and a great couple days. There were all sorts of folks from my Dad's side of the family whom I hadn't seen in years so it was great to reunite for Jon's big day. Families and weddings are both strange and wonderful.
Mystery in the air with every breath you take in and the steady awareness of God's presence. I cried a lot. It felt great. Good tears. I sang "O Love That Will Not Let Me Go" (George Matheson's hymn from the Indelible Grace records) during the ceremony and got choked up on the third verse. It was hard to hold back. Such beautiful words and they mean so much to me.
"O Joy that seekest me through pain, I cannot close my heart to thee; I trace the rainbow through the rain, And feel the promise is not vain, That morn shall tearless be."
At the reception, it was fun to sit there with my sweet wife and just take it all in. All my extended family in one place. Wild.
We drove 24 hours roundtrip so we are pretty exhausted. Got back early this morning after crashing at a hotel in Virginia last night.
We were glued to the TV watching the Hurricane move in towards our beloved New Orleans. My wife and I got engaged there and visit frequently. I go there to work on new songs. I wrote a lot of The Innocence Fires on the third floor of a bed and breakfast on the corner of Royal and Ursalines in the Quarter.
My friend Grant and his wife Christie live in New Orleans and may be coming through Nashville on their way north to his parents house. They are fleeing the damage and said that the power won't be on for at least a week. Maybe even a month. And it's 90 degrees and August which means bugs and standing flood water. Not good.
God bless everyone down south who got hit today. So many people are praying.
Anyways, I gotta go to bed but wanted to check in on my little blog-o-rama.
Oh and I fixed my computer (thank the Lord) without having to delete all my info...I'm pretty thrilled! So i'll post more tomorrow. Two words: Apple Care. Saved the day!
See ya later...
I'm back home now after a 4 day visit to Baltimore, MD where my brother got married to his long-time girlfriend, Jamie Taylor. Now she's Jamie Casella...awesome!
It was a beautiful ceremony and a great couple days. There were all sorts of folks from my Dad's side of the family whom I hadn't seen in years so it was great to reunite for Jon's big day. Families and weddings are both strange and wonderful.
Mystery in the air with every breath you take in and the steady awareness of God's presence. I cried a lot. It felt great. Good tears. I sang "O Love That Will Not Let Me Go" (George Matheson's hymn from the Indelible Grace records) during the ceremony and got choked up on the third verse. It was hard to hold back. Such beautiful words and they mean so much to me.
"O Joy that seekest me through pain, I cannot close my heart to thee; I trace the rainbow through the rain, And feel the promise is not vain, That morn shall tearless be."
At the reception, it was fun to sit there with my sweet wife and just take it all in. All my extended family in one place. Wild.
We drove 24 hours roundtrip so we are pretty exhausted. Got back early this morning after crashing at a hotel in Virginia last night.
We were glued to the TV watching the Hurricane move in towards our beloved New Orleans. My wife and I got engaged there and visit frequently. I go there to work on new songs. I wrote a lot of The Innocence Fires on the third floor of a bed and breakfast on the corner of Royal and Ursalines in the Quarter.
My friend Grant and his wife Christie live in New Orleans and may be coming through Nashville on their way north to his parents house. They are fleeing the damage and said that the power won't be on for at least a week. Maybe even a month. And it's 90 degrees and August which means bugs and standing flood water. Not good.
God bless everyone down south who got hit today. So many people are praying.
Anyways, I gotta go to bed but wanted to check in on my little blog-o-rama.
Oh and I fixed my computer (thank the Lord) without having to delete all my info...I'm pretty thrilled! So i'll post more tomorrow. Two words: Apple Care. Saved the day!
See ya later...


<< Home