My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashvegas, United States

musician, singer & songwriter/recording artist (independent)

Monday, August 22, 2005

a little news update / info re: The Innocence Fires

Today has been an eventful day. Fall tour dates continue to be scheduled and as it sits right now I'll be out on the road right up until the 2nd week of December. Whoa. That's a lot of touring and I couldn't be more thrilled to get back out there.

I'll be playing some shows with my friend and fellow artist Eric Peters towards the end of October so if we end up near you, we'd love to have you come out! I'll also be hooking up with Jason Feller for a weekend run through the great state of Texas in November...we've been hanging out and decided to play together a bit. Details as they take shape...

This fall I 'll be sharing some new material and mining some older, more obscure songs from my first record and from Faith & Heartache. Lazarus, Place Your Bets, The Long Goodbye... a couple cover songs too. I've been writing a lot of new ones which leads me to my next tidbit...

I'm going back into the studio to record the 2nd EP "10,000 Angels Part II" and hope to have it ready for release by December 1st. It'll have some new stuff and a couple songs from my ill-fated "Innocence Fires" album.

Speaking of The Innocence Fires, I've been receiving some email these past few months from folks asking about why that record never came out and where they can get a copy of it online....I'm not sure where it is any more or if it is still out there on the internets. Sorry. But if you ask around on the Caedmon's Rumor forum there might be some people who can get it to you. Or maybe check the comments of this post.

I would love for you to have it. I intended for you to have it. But then the label shut everything down and it never got released. Maybe I'll write a post about it in the future when it's early in the morning and I can fight off the depression that comes with thinking about it. (joking here)

But seriously thank you for your emails. I've gotten messages about "Innocence Fires" from people in Hawaii, Germany, Maine, Georgia and Texas. It's encouraging and means a lot to me. Thank you so much for your interest and support. I'm working to get the rest of the songs released on the 2nd EP so stay tuned to my site for details.

Oh and this is pretty random but if there was ever any need for further proof that Pat Robertson is more than a little nutty, there's this lovely article from Drudge focusing on some of his latest comments. Somehow I don't think Jesus would advocate assassination. Scary.

I spent a couple days at Pat Robertson's Founding Fathers Hotel (I think that was the name of it) when I was playing guitar for Indelible Grace back in the day. Anyways, we played on the 700 Club and it was a really interesting experience. It was Kevin Twit, Chris Weigel, Ian Fitchuk, Matthew Smith and myself playing 3 or 4 songs on the program. It was a little freaky but in a nice way. And the breakfast at the hotel was unbelievably good! Whoa momma. Best pancakes ever. Ok i gotta go.