welcome to my world.

I'm starting this blog in hopes of keeping some sort of journal that is updated pretty regularlary in an effort to get some things out of my system. Venting perhaps but most likely my posts will lean more towards observation of the world around me...what I'm thinking and feeling and dreaming and trying to believe.
I have to admit that I'm a little hesitant to write thoughts down. It's sort of strange I guess because I write songs for a living, but then again a blog is not a song. I am fighting a pretty bad case of self-doubt these days. I've got a lot on my mind and lots to share...try to work it out of my system.
I know what I really want. I know what I really need. For 21 years I've been a believer and if there is anything that I know for sure it's that whatever my fear, whatever my concern...what I'm really after is being connected to the reality of who I am in Jesus. It's the struggle and it's the joy. And it connects to all things in my life. At least as I've experienced it.
I'm all over the map here. Told ya I wasn't much of a journaler. (is that a word?) Maybe I could sing you my entries. Now that would be something. Perhaps Al Gore could invent another part of the internets known as "singing blogs". Ok so that's dumb.
Life is a mix of the absurd and the holy. Every moment is precious. I really believe it.
Life is a mess and life is a bust...all you can do is do what you must. Do what you must do and you do it well. I do it for you, honey baby can't you tell? (Dylan)
Random random random. Hope I'm not losing you here.
Broken promises, fear, joy, faith, hope, love, salvation and the fear of death. Kierkegard. Bill Clinton. I think they would've been great friends. Hell, I'd have a beer with Clinton. You are always comfortable around those who are just as broken as you. I got nothin' on Bill Clinton. We'd sit in the same pew of the same church.
So we're all alike as I see it. Scared to let people know who we are. Afraid of the dark. Afraid of the light.
Life is a mess, life is a bust...
But new life is what I'm after. More than ever b/c I'm older now and the stakes are higher. They don't tell you that when you are a little kid. That the stakes get higher as you get older. More demands, more responsibilities. Leaves you aching for the truth in a hungrier sort of way. Lord I'm hungry.
Proverbs 30:7-9.


<< Home