My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashvegas, United States

musician, singer & songwriter/recording artist (independent)

Sunday, August 21, 2005

a few observations on Sunday afternoon.

Babies and their mothers have invaded my house. My wife hosted a baby shower for our friend Christie here yesterday evening and around 25 people showed up. After much planning and preparation by my wife and her friends, the big event had finally arrived and a good time was had by all.

Or so I'm told...I wasn't there because men aren't allowed at baby showers.

I am not complaining, believe me! But it was sort of funny what happened to me yesterday.

I left the house at 3 pm thinking to myself, "this is awesome! I get a whole day to myself to do whatever I want! Beer. Coffee. Italian food. Maybe even a movie!"

And then an hour later as I was driving around town from place to place....I realized I was bored out of my mind.

No lie. It was insane. I missed my wife and just generally hated being by myself. My plan backfired!

Arrgh.

So I called some friends and ended up singing some more background vocals on the new Indelible Grace record (IG 4). Kevin and Josh were at Woodland and I was able to cure my lonesome blues by singing on some old hymns. Not a bad way to end my afternoon. I was so thankful for the company that I bought us all a pizza and we sat there in the studio after hours talking and laughing at each other's jokes.



In other news...I mow my backyard about once a week and I swear I look at the grass every day to see how much its grown and its always the same length....except on Sunday morning.

So I have concluded that it magically grows 4 inches under the cover of darkness every Saturday night.