My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashvegas, United States

musician, singer & songwriter/recording artist (independent)

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A baby and new music.

good morning....I thought I would post a little update with what I've been up to these past couple weeks...goes something like this:

first of all, Kierstin and I go to the doctor this morning for a checkup on our little baby son who is due to arrive in January. We are thrilled beyond measure and anxious to meet the little fella. Kierstin has been handling the pregnancy like a champ and we are very thankful and appropriately freaked out (but mostly thankful) to become parents. We'll be moving the Map Room to another part of our house so that the baby will have his own room. It's wild...more on all that later.

I've been writing up a storm these past few weeks...still writing and still listening. It's going very well and I feel like I've hit on some good things. I've been carving away at my guitar playing...mostly finger-style stuff...trying to improve my speed and feel. It's good to be hungry as a guitarist. Reminds me of when I first started playing!

This Thursday and Friday I'll head back into the studio with Ken, Matt, Todd, Jim and Monroe. We're working at Matt's studio here in East Nashville...right down the road.

At this point I've written a whole lot of material that I've either scrapped all together or have chiseled away at..trying so hard not to settle for what is familiar to my ears. I've been digging down deep and it's paying off. 12 songs I really believe in.

I hope my little boy likes his Papa's record.

Talk to you soon.