Eli.
Almost an hour after midnight tonight my son will be a week old. He entered this world at 12:56 am last Monday after his Momma labored for over 14 hours. Kierstin and I were both elated and exhausted that he was finally here and we could begin our lives together as parents. And then there were three....we've multiplied and are now one step closer to world domination.Eli Henry Casella is a sweet natured little man who likes to eat, sleep and soil his diapers all day and night. He cries, but mostly just to tell us he needs a clean diaper or he has to nurse or wants to be held. He's got beautiful blue eyes and at this point looks mostly like his Momma. He has my nose and ears though. He also has a full head of thick black hair over an inch long in some places...simply awesome!
He loves music and the sound of his Daddy's voice (I sang to him a lot while he was in the womb) so I've been singing him songs and humming tunes with him on my chest so he can hear the music and feel the vibration of my voice. Sometimes it's the only thing that will calm him when we've tried everything else. It is truly an amazing experience to bond with Eli like this...he enjoys guitar and piano music too. So we've been jammin' during the day...making up songs about sleeping and pooping and growing up big and strong.
Everything is still so new and I don't want to miss anything. Kierstin is in the recovery process and has been feeling better every day. She's an amazing Momma and Eli is appropriately head over heels in love with her like I am.
Thank you Lord for my wife and son. I am blessed beyond measure...


<< Home