Mastering with Richard Dodd.
Last Friday, I met up with Richard Dodd for a Mastering appointment on my record. Mastering is the final step in making an album and Richard has amazing ears and did a wonderful job. I couldn't be happier with how everything has turned out.Richard is a legend by the way. He mixed Tom Petty's "Wildflowers" album as well as engineered and mixed George Harrison's "Cloud Nine" and all (yes ALL) of the Traveling Wilbury albums (which consisted of Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, Geof Lynne, Tom Petty and George Harrison.) He's also worked with Paul McCartney . Oh, and he worked with Rick Rubin recording a lot of the Johnny Cash material before Johnny died.
Hanging out with Richard is a blast because he's got so many great stories about some of the people he's worked with who happen to be a lot of my heroes. Plus he's British so his accent only adds to the allure of his amazing stories.
Speaking of heroes, just as Richard and I were finishing up-- Phil Keaggy dropped by to say hello. He happened to be in the neighborhood and snapped a picture with the three of us.
So this is the charmed life I lead! Honestly!
Phil Keaggy and Richard Dodd....and there's one very excited me smiling as wide as I can.
Reminds me of the picture that Kierstin took of me and Daniel Lanois. I look like a wide-eyed little kid standing next to him... and of course he looks so cool and laid back. Maybe i'll post that sometime.
Big news coming this friday! Pre-order and "The Making of" video!
stay tuned.
p.s. for those interested, Richard Dodd drinks PG Tipps English Tea. He also suggested trying Barry's Irish Tea. Just fyi...


<< Home